Monday, September 19, 2011

When i changed the way i looked at my birthday,

As per my religious calendar today is my birthday. Amongst one of the many things, a visit to a certain place of worship is essential. Last night i visited the same place of prayers. Being a religious family, this is the same place where my parents have taken me many a times, and many a birthday /times my uncles had taken me there.
Last night i visited the place alone.
Coming to this same place of worship alone made me realize i had changed the way i looked at things now, other than, when i was a child who visited this avenue.

When i was a kid, in this place visited with my uncle, i would finish my prayers and run around on the carpet stars, asking my uncle to finish his prayers early so we could go to uncles house for the birthday party and eat cake and dinner and meet others and play.

The parties are long gone and over. Many a cakes have been cut, many a gifts received. Time stood still.

Last night i found no party to go to, no one waiting for me, no uncle by my side, who i could ask to hurry up. Everything remained the same. I was the same but i wished for the few moments back with my uncle, wishing i never rushed him. Had i not asked him to hurry up, last night i would not have these memories.The venue remained the same, my body was also the same, but the abscence of energy of those past moments with my uncle preaching me good thoughts was missed.

That was then, this is now.
Walking alone the path now, i find no footsteps,
i walk alone cause i remain, on the path before me i know,
many a greater souls have treaded before, i seek to run the same.
i walk slowly knowing the path will remain, but i will perish
cause thats the way the journey will stay.
 I walked slowly on purpose, and enjoyed the way.
People behind me will never know what thoughts came my way
They will make their own thoughts here, cause the destination remains without any delay

No comments: